In order to properly understand data, the context also needs to be considered
The key technology behind all of Isis Forensics solutions is its Interaction Analysis Engine.
Technologies to analyse textual content already exist, whether to determine its sentiment or to extract topics and names from it. Isis Forensics is equally able to offer such functionality, but takes it one step further by combining language analysis with contextual analysis. By bringing the two together not only can more meaningful insights be extracted from a data source, but the types of analysis you can perform becomes much broader. You can ask questions like:
- Who said these words?
- Where are they occurring?
- What topics are being discussed?
- When were these individuals online together?
- Has a users behaviour changed?
- Are these two personas actually the same individual?
- Has the conversation become more aggressive over time?
- What are the sub-groups within an online community?
- What are the characteristics of the individuals involved?
- How does the language of one data set compare to another?
The Interaction Analysis Engine goes beyond generic text analysis technologies and allows the end user to understand the individuals, the groups and the interactions they take part in.
Isis Forensics solutions are available as products, web services or for private hosting on internal servers.
Our products bring to market over 20 years of R&D (from fields including natural language processing, online monitoring and interaction analysis) from Lancaster University. In addition to being a leader in these technologies the University is also a UK GCHQ Centre of Excellence for Cyber Security.